This dish usually hits the spot for my fishstick cravings. This is another recipe where I never measure any of the ingredients ahead of time; accordingly, the amounts listed below are approximate.
- Approx. 1 lb fresh white flaky fish (I prefer hake or cod)
- salt and pepper
- Coarse corn meal, approx 2/3 cup, in a bowl
- high-heat olive oil or canola oil
- Heat non-stick or cast-iron pan on medium to medium-high heat.
- Heat 3 (ish) T oil in pan.
- While oil is heating, slice fish into filet-sized portions.
- Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides, then dredge in cornmeal. Press until coated.
- Once oil is hot, add fish to pan. Cook undisturbed until cornmeal is golden brown, approx. 8-10 minutes; flip once. Cook until golden brown on both sides and fish flakes apart with a fork.
I was pretty lazy last time I made it (pictured) and just made a side of summer squash.| Tags: