Things I’m never without when I travel:
- FODMAP food list (I have a printout in my purse and the Monash University app on my phone) (diet alone fixed about 90-95% of my issues!)
- Align, Florastor, and acidophilus probiotics (preventative)
- Magnesium supplements (helps keep everything regular)
- Enzymedica Digest Spectrum digestive enzymes (this fixes most, but not all, of the remaining issues that diet doesn’t cover)
- glucose tablets (just in case there’s some sneaky extra fructose)
- Beano (just in case, but I rarely take these anymore since introducing the enzymes)
- Gas-X and Immodium (also just in case; though I very rarely need these anymore since introducing the enzymes)
- Ginger People’s Gin Gins ginger candy (because they’re delicious, they’re soothing, and they also contain glucose syrup to help digest any extra fructose)
Yes, my purse is usually quite heavy and I might look strange taking some of these before/during/after meals, but just being able to eat out and travel internationally makes it all worthwhile.
When traveling abroad, I try to keep everything in its original container, just in case any questions arise. That said, I’ve never been questioned about my small plastic bag of vitamins.
(Again - when I mention products on this blog, it’s because I use them; I haven’t been paid to endorse anything on here!)| Tags: