- Approx. 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 28-oz. cans of peeled plum tomatoes
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- fresh or dried basil and oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Sauté garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for about 3-5 minutes (until garlic is lightly golden - you may want to flip it once. do not scorch!).
- Remove garlic pieces.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and pepper flakes. Bring to slight boil then reduce to simmer. Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Add salt and balsamic vinegar; simmer for 5 more minutes.